This Mediterranean raw vegan cashew dip will make you the star at the next barbecue you’re invited to! It’s so creamy you won’t be able to count down from ten until you hear the first “I can’t believe this is vegan”.
Best of all:
It’s as simple as it is delicious!
You just need to soak the cashews, blend them, add herbs of your choice and are ready to go.
Unless you want to take the taste game to the next level. In that case you put it in the fridge for another night – because like most dips it’s even better the next day.
Of course you can add fresh herbs like thyme, basil, oregano or paprika.
Or you can use one of the four new herb mixes by Kotányi
I used Kotányi’s Greek herbs in this recipe (which includes all the spices mentioned above and some more) to give it a taste of holidays, sunshine and toes covered in warm sand.
Simply serve it with a few slices of fresh dark bread.
If that sounds too boring to you (seriously?!), 1-2 tablespoons of this Mediterranean raw vegan cashew dip also make a great lunch in combination with with zucchini noodles and cocktail tomatoes.
- 100g raw cashews
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbsp Kotányi Greek herbs
- Salt & pepper
- Tap water
- Rinse the cashews and soak them in lukewarm tap water for at least a few hours or ideally over night*
- Transfer cashews to a high speed blender and blend until creamy, adding as much of the soaking water as necessary (I added 4 tbsps)
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Kotányi Greek herbs and garlic
- Blend again
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Keep refrigerated (unless you're going to eat it straight away)
- *If you don't have time to soak them, just use a little more water when blending them.
Have you tried yourself at any raw vegan dips yet? Tag @aliciouslog on Instagram to get my attention.
*** The Greek herbs were generously provided to me by Kotanyí and is one of four new herb mixes that have just been released: Greek herbs, Italian herbs, Asian herbs and Dalmatian herbs. Try them – they’re awesome! All of them. ***
*** All photos kindly provided by Mr A ***
One thought on “Aliciouslyvegan: Mediterranean raw vegan cashew dip”
Wow! Amazing recipe, I must admit!
I tried it immediately and it was awesome.
What I usually really like and what makes eating my food more appealing to me is a nice dish set.
I found mine on http://www.lionshome.at and I must say, great quality and a great price!
Anyways, awesome blog – keep up the good work!