Green smoothies have been around on blogs, facebook, Instagram and magazines for a couple of months. However, I was of the opinion that one shouldn’t mix fruit and vegetables and therefore had only been making all different kinds of fruit smoothies.
On one occasion adding carrot. On another ginger. Then cucumber. Then spinach.
All of a sudden I had this mean green drink in front of me that didn’t taste all that bad. Actually, it was really nice. And healthy too?
Lately I’ve been enjoying breakfasts of all different shades of green (and sometimes grey-ish too, when I added red fruit like strawberries) – and often had what didn’t fit into my smoothie container in the morning as an after dinner snack at night.
A delicious and healthy breakfast in a glass
Write a review
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- 1/2 green apple
- 1 small or 1/2 big avocado
- 1 banana
- 1/2 organic lemon
- knob ginger
- water or almond milk as desired
- Peel ginger, avocado and banana.
- Wash apple and lemon
- Cut everything and blend thoroughly adding liquid to reach the preferred consistency.
- Don't worry if you don't have any fresh spinach at hand, just use frozen. I have also used frozen lemon, frozen banana and even frozen avocado before. You may not get the same amount of vitamins as of all your ingredients were fresh but it's still going to be a healthy green smoothie.
What are your favourite ingredients for a green smoothie? Do you drink smoothies at all?