Woop-woop! Here is the post you’ve been waiting for since “Cooking with Sonnentor” went online two weeks ago. I proudly present Aladin’s banana chocolate soufflé from the amazing “Würz dich um die Welt” (“Spice your way around the world”) workshop hosted by Sonnentor which I attended in July.
- 160g butter
- 160g brown sugar
- 130g spelt flour
- 1 package baking powder
- 70g cocoa powder
- 125g ground almonds
- 350g bananas
- 1 1/2 tsp Aladin's coffee spice
- more butter and cocoa powder for the tins
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160°
- Peel and puree bananas, then add all other ingredients and mix until smooth
- Grease muffin tins, then dust with cocoa powder
- Filling the dough into the forms (to about 2/3)
- Put them in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes
- In the meantime coarsely hack the dark chocolate and melt it over hot water at low temperature
- Peel the remaining banana, slice it and sprinkle with lemon juice
- When the little cakes are ready, take them out and let them cool down a little, then gently pop them out of the tins and leave them to cool completely
- Coat the cakes with melted chocolate and put a banana slice on top, then drizzle some more chocolate over them
Sooo what do you think? Heaven in a cupcake, isn’t it?
You’ll find more recipes on the Sonnentor website.
Since I was generously issued with a complete Würz dich um die Welt-spice mix set, you may keep your eyes out for more spice-laden recipe posts.